Oyster salad for 4.
- Smoked oysters – 1 tin
- 2 Garlic & Herbs Naan breads
- 3 tomatoes
- Lime, Salt (both optional)
- Garlic & Herbs Naan bread x2
- Remove the Naans form the package and place in the oven to heat up. Follow the instructions on the package.
- Rinse and quarter the tomatoes.
- Separate the lettuce gems and wash the leaves one by one as they can be very very sandy. Roughly cut the bigger leaves by hand in 2 or 3. Place them in a colander to release the extra water.
- Open the smoked oysters.
- Now that all is ready, in a big bowl, combine the lettuce, tomato and oysters (without the liquid from the tin).
- The oysters are slightly salty, but you might have to add a very little pinch of salt and pepper to it. Drizzle the oil from the smoked oysters on the salad and also the juice of a half lemon. The lemon is optional. The salad doesn’t really need it.
- Plate and serve.
Another way to make the oyster starter can be found on a post published previously here.