Brunch for 4
- 400grs medium prawns
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium red chilli
- 4 table spoons of rapeseed oil
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 small onion
- Chop the onion, the crush the garlic.
- Grate the lemon zest and squeeze the juice. Set aside
- Chop separately the thyme, the parsley.
- Cut the chilli in big pieces set aside.
- Rinse the prawns and put them in a bowl. To this, add the crushed garlic, half the onion, juice and lemon zest, salt & pepper. Mix well, cover and leave in the fridge to marinate for an hour.
- After the hour, take the bowl out of the fridge.
In a wok, heat 4 spoons of oil and fry the remaining half of chopped onion with 2 sprigs of thyme. Once the onion is browned, drain the marinated prawn and add on the fried onion. Toss-fry for 5 minutes on high heat. If you are not a big fan of hot chillied dishes, remove the pieces of chilli pepper before frying. This part is ready
Accompaniment: Brown bread with fried onion topped with cheddar cheese.
Toast 3 medium slices of brown bread then cut them in 2, place them on a grill.
Peel and fry 3 small onions finely sliced… (Fry in rapeseed oil with 2 or 3 springs of thyme).
Once the onions are browned, place them on the slices of bread on the oven rake.
Grate 100 grs of cheddar and top the bread and onion. Place all that under the grill until the cheese melts and starts browning.
The brunch is ready.
Serve with, teas, coffees, juice, lemonade or wine (white or rose preferably)… great for sunny days.
This is obviously very rich, but a treat from time to time is good for the soul. If you are able to, replace the brown slice by slices of brioche or freshly baked baguette.