To make this Saturday breakfast for two, you will need:
- two slices of brown bread
- 1 tin of broad beans
- 1/4 tin if tomato
- Two eggs
- Onions, garlic, salt, pepper & poppy seeds
- Almond oil
- Start by draining the broad beans
- Fry chopped garlic and onion until brown
- Add in tomato, cook for 3 minutes
- Add the broad beans with 5 table spoons of water
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes so the beans absorb the flavouring. Do not let the pan dry as we will need some moist for the bread
- In the meantime, poach the eggs in boiling water. Boil water & salt in a milk pan. When the water boils, break the eggs carefully deposit them in the boiling water. Leave to cook in still boiling water for 2 minutes and a half
- Delicately remove the eggs from the boiling water. Put it aside.
It is all ready to serve. Toast the brown bread, place it on the bottom of the plate, put the beans on top and place the egg on top of the beans….
Dust with black pepper and poppy seeds.